Wasabi P!

So Wonderful


So I found a copy of Bonnie Pink's new single, "So Wonderful", this week. It contains three songs from her upcoming release Golden Tears, due out later this month. To say I am excited is an understatement.

The new song is another glammed-up pop gem, much like 2003's "Tonight, the Night", and I love it. It's one of those things that just makes me happy all over to listen to it. I've definitely got high hopes for the new album. A backup track, "Robotomy", gets an angular, electronic remixing, and sounds like something off of a Daft Punk concept album. I'm curious how the album version of the track will sound.

What I found really amusing is the new single is the closing theme song for the new Guyver, the Bioboosted Armor TV series. For those who don't know, Guyver has previously existed as a mediocre animated series, which was one of the early (i.e., cheap) Japanese series to be brought to the U.S. in the early 1990s. It was also the source for a a couple of really awful live action movies, famous mostly for being one of the few acting jobs Mark Hamill could get after Star Wars. Maybe the new series will be good. Probably not. But either way, the song is great, and the increased exposure to Bonnie Pink's music can only be a good thing.

In other Bonnie Pink news, her new DVD is due to come out the same day as the new album. The DVD chronicles her recent North American tour, including her stop at this year's SXSW Music Festival, a show I was privileged to attend. I don't know if I can afford the DVD right now, but it's reasonably priced at around $25.

With all this great new stuff coming out, and her fine covers album Reminiscence earlier this year, this is a great time to be a Bonnie Pink fan. Or to become one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home