Wasabi P!

New Baby Smell

New car smell can kill you, but new baby smell just might make your heart grow two sizes.

I went over to CM's yesterday to drop off a Longhorn baby hat I had found at Book People while waiting for the Neil Gaiman signing. CM was at the computer with Baby Thor sprawled out in her lap taking a nap. I had only meant to be there for a few minutes, drop off the hat, say "Hi", and move on with the rest of my errands for the day. But you know, once you're holding him, you really just don't want to let him go. He's such a sweetie pie.

He's also a wiggle worm. Despite the fact that CM was trying to keep him wrapped up like a burrito, he doesn't seem to like it too much. (Then again, he really doesn't like to be cold, either.) You wouldn't think him to be so strong, but no matter how tightly you get him in his blanket, he's got both arms and legs wriggled out in no time. Feeding him with the bottle was fun. CM said that I was the only one he didn't projectile vomit on yesterday, so maybe I did something right.

Anyway, I kept thinking that with so much to take care of with Thor, that CM would be busy, busy, busy, and that company might just get in the way. I think, instead, that she really enjoyed the grown-up conversation, and the chance to take care of a few personal things without worrying about the baby. I'll try to stop by again sometime soon. CM said they have family coming in town this week, so that will hopefully give them a chance to sleep through the night, and maybe even get out of the house for a few minutes at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home