Wasabi P!

This Special Moment Was Brought to You by "Durrr"

Since I had a ton of reading to do the other day - not to mention laundry - I decided to head home early. I caught bus #1 from campus to the transfer center. Since I was on the shady side of the bus (from the sun, not the law) and I was watching a movie on my PDA, I took off my sunglasses.

Those of you who know me know that it is my tradition to only be able to keep a pair of sunglasses for about a week before I lose or break them. My current pair, are the exception. Having laid down about $200 for them, I've tried to be careful with them, especially since they are replacements for an identical pair I stepped on while playing disc golf.

When I got off the bus to transfer, the sun immediately blinded me, so I reached into my bag to get my sunglasses, but they weren't there. I checked all the pockets and secret compartments of my bag. I reached inside and all around the stuff I had in there. I checked all the pockets on my clothes, but the glasses were just gone. I jumped back on the bus I had just left and explained to the driver that I wanted to look for my sunglasses. I went to my old seat and looked around, but they weren't there. I asked a couple of passengers if they had seen my sunglasses, but no luck.

Since I've had those glasses for about 5 years now, I figured they've had a good run, and it was time to move on. I got all the way back to my apartment on the second bus, and when I got off that bus, I instinctively reached up to my collar, where I had hooked the arm of glasses when I had taken them off earlier. I had stood there like an idiot blinking and squinting in the sun with sunglasses at hand. I had gotten on the bus, with glasses hanging right under my face, asking "Have you seen my sunglasses?" Durrr...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home