Wasabi P!

Where Did All These People Come From?

In the last few days, the bus route I use to get to and from campus has been overrun by...people! Time was, I'd be the only person on the bus, or maybe I'd have to share the bus with maybe two other passengers. There used to be absolutely no reason to sit any closer than about eight feet from another human being on any given ride. Almost overnight, however, the bus has been terribly crowded. The 7am run (which these days is nearly pre-dawn) was at capacity, with someone in nearly every seat. We were almost at standing room only.

Though some might say underutilization makes the bus less environmentally friendly, I say, poppycock. I want private public transportation. I want the city to pay to shuttle me around in secluded paradise. And for crying out loud, where were these people when gasoline was nearly 3 bucks a gallon? Now that the prices have dropped, everybody starts riding?

One side effect is that I have become more self-conscious about watching movies on my PDA, especially if I'm watching some wacky cartoon, or that other show. A friend was kind enough to offer to let me to rip Harold and Kumar and watch that, but I was afraid it had some nudity. I don't know if it's illegal in Texas, but I can't afford to be blacklisted by the city bus system.

As a consequence, I wound up playing Jawbreaker and listening to MP3s this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home